Anchor It! Advocates and Community Leaders are consumers and organizations that collaborate with CPSC to help raise awareness about the dangers of TV and furniture tip-over incidents in the home. By spreading Anchor It! campaign messages throughout their own communications channels and using printed campaign materials in their local communities, the Anchor It! Campaign community helps to educate more parents and caregivers about inexpensive ways to prevent these tragedies. Advocates and Community Leaders include organizations focused on child and home safety issues, parents/families who have lost children (or whose children have been injured) in tip-over incidents and industry organizations and others.
• Collaborate with CPSC to share our safety messages;
• Receive support from CPSC in the form of social media and website promotion, and access to free safety materials
• Agree to distribute those safety materials to individuals and organizations within their network.
If you are interested in becoming an Anchor It! Advocate or Community Leader, connect with us and let’s discuss how to best work together.
• American Academy of Pediatrics
• American Home Furnishings Alliance (AHFA)
• Charlie’s House
• Cook Children’s Medical Center
• Home Furnishings Association
• International Association for Child Safety (IAFCS)
• Juvenile Products Manufacturers Association (JPMA)
• Kids in Danger
• New York State Department of State
• North Country Health Systems Inc.
• Oregon Head Start Association
• Safe and Sound with Amaya
• Safe Kids Worldwide
• Shane’s Foundation
• Walmart Stores, Inc.
• Another Day, Another “Chance”
• Bernie and Phyl’s Furniture
• Beth Gniazdowski
• Brace it for Brayden
• Bushwick Community Partnership
• Cardinal Glennon Children’s Hospital/Safe Kids St. Louis
• Children’s Hospital of Dartmouth-Hitchcock Injury Prevention Center
• Chi Eta Phi
• Conner’s Legacy Foundation, Inc.
• Crew Plus Two
• Danielle Henchcliffe
• Debra Holtzman
• Full House Babyproofing
• Golden-Fowler Home Furnishings
• Home Safety and Health
• HOPES Program
• Infant House Baby Proofing
• Injury Prevention and Research Center at Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago
• Janet McGee
• Kali Randall
• Keeping Infants and Kids Safe (KIKS)
• Mama Bear Cares
• Massachusetts Department of Public Health, Bureau of Family Health and Nutrition, Massachusetts Home Visiting Initiative
• Meghan’s Hope
• Mujeres Latinas en Acción
• National Foster Parent Association
• National Organizations for Youth Safety
• National Parenting Education Network
• National Safety Council
• NB Liebman Furniture
• Program for Early Parent Support
• Quality Certification Alliance
• Ruby-Gordon Furniture and Mattress
• Safe and Active Communities Branch, Center for Health Communities, California Department of Public Health
• Safe Kids Capital Region
• Safe States Alliance
• Salud America!
• Sylvia Santiago
• Vaida’s Story
• Ventanillas de Salud
• Vision y Compromiso
Ever since Shelly’s grandson was sent to the hospital from a fallen TV she has made it her mission to spread the word about tip-over dangers. She holds regular meetings in her community about child safety and last year organized the first ever 5K in her town to raise awareness for this important issue.
To learn more about the campaign Advocates or to become an Anchor It Advocate, please contact Kim Dulic, CPSC Public Affairs Specialist, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Make a difference.
The Anchor It! campaign provides materials and messaging for Anchor It! Advocates, other safety-minded organizations and individual consumers. These materials are available for distribution at local events or to fellow parents and neighbors. This is a great way to involve your community in the national conversation about tip-over hazards and solutions for properly securing TVs and furniture.
The below PDF links to our tip-card and educational poster are available for download. If you would like to order hard copies of the materials free of charge, please contact Patty Davis at email@example.com.